As an elector, or an interested person, you have certain legal rights in respect of the accounting records of smaller authorities.  As an interested person, you can inspect accounting records and related documents.  If you are a local government elector for the area to which the accounts relate you can also ask questions about the accounts and object to them.  You do not have to pay directly for exercising your rights.  However, any resulting costs incurred by the smaller authority form part of its running costs.  Therefore, indirectly, local residents pay for the cost of you exercising your rights through their council tax.

Please click on the link, below, to view the public rights notice, sections 1 & 2 of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return for the year ended 31 March 2019, and further information on your rights.

Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return