- Notice is hereby given of a vacancy in the office of Parish Councillor in the parish of:
CHEVELEY (South Ward)
- Further information can be requested from: Mrs Marilyn Strand, Proper Officer, Cheveley Parish Hall, 102 High Street, Cheveley, Newmarket, CB8 9DG, Tel: 01638 780835 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A letter of application should be sent to the Clerk. The co-option of new councillors will be considered at the next available Parish Council meeting following receipt of an application.
To qualify for election to the office of Parish Councillor, and to hold such an office, an applicant must be a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of any other member State of the European Union, and on the day of election have reached 18 years of age or over AND:
- on the relevant day and thereafter continues to be on the electoral register for the parish, or:
- during the whole 12 months preceding the that day have owned or tenanted land or other premises in the parish, or:
- during the 12 months preceding that day their principle or only place of work has been in the parish, or:
- during the whole 12 months preceding that day has resided in the parish or within 3 miles of it.
Disqualification from being elected a councillor is set out in the Local Government Act 1972, section 80.
Dated: 22nd February 2022