Latest advice from Public Health England: –
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people – you may now visit with up to 6 people from a different household whilst keeping social distancing measures in place.
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
Other measures you must continue to take include:
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds, and use soap and hot water.
- Particularly remember to wash your hands after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas or travelling on public transport.
- Promote the Catch it, Bin it, Kill it We can all reduce the spread of all germs when we cough or sneeze, by covering mouths and noses with a tissue, or a sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately in a closed bin
- Keep up to date with information from trusted sources – like these:
- Public Health England – five things you can do to protect yourself and your community
- For updates see the NHS dedicated Coronavirus webpage